What is unsecured debt?
A debt with no collateral secured against it. In the event that the debtor defaults on the loan, there is no collateral to foreclose on.
Unsecured loans we can help with:
Disconnected services such as:
- Credit Cards
- Personal loans
- Payday loans
- Bank account overdrafts
- Some debt consolidation loans
- Money borrowed from friends or family (if electronic transfer/records kept)
Phone contracts, electricity and gas bills, internet, Foxtel etc.;
Rent / Mortgage:
Rental arrears/debt for previous property
Mortgage or car loan shortfalls (where the asset is sold for a loss)
Invoices or fees relating to:
Medical, Vets, Mechanics, Car accident debts, School fees, Solicitor, Lawyers, Business suppliers etc.
(so long as services are completed and no longer need to use that provider again)
Tax bills, Centrelink Overpayments
Debts that are not able to be included:
- Child Support arrears
- Speeding fines, infringements, penalty notices, parking fines, toll charges, etc.
- Current radio rentals or rent to own agreements
- Current rental arrears or overdue bills
- Debts in another person’s name
- Council rates
- HECS/student loans
- NZ Inland revenue debts