What is unsecured debt?
A debt with no collateral secured against it. In the event that the debtor defaults on the loan, there is no collateral to foreclose on.
Unsecured loans we can help with:
- Credit Cards
- Personal loans
- Payday loans
- Bank account overdrafts
- Some debt consolidation loans
- Money borrowed from friends or family (if electronic transfer/records kept)
Disconnected services such as:
Phone contracts, electricity and gas bills, internet, Foxtel etc.
Rent / Mortgage:
Rental arrears/debt for previous property, Mortgage or car loan shortfalls (where the asset is sold for a loss).
Invoices or fees relating to:
Medical, Vets, Mechanics, Car accident debts, School fees, Solicitor, Lawyers, Business suppliers etc. (so long as services are completed and no longer need to use that provider again).
Government related debts:
Tax bills, Centrelink Overpayments.
Debts that are not able to be included:
- Child Support arrears
- Speeding fines, infringements, penalty notices, parking fines, toll charges, etc.
- Current radio rentals or rent to own agreements
- Current rental arrears or overdue bills
- Debts in another person’s name
- Council rates
- HECS/student loans
- NZ Inland revenue debts